TRYOUT INFORMATION 2019
Downingtown East High School Volleyball
Head Coach: Mrs. Hopton (email@example.com ) 484-639-7737
• Physicals for the 2019 fall season will be held on Monday June 3rd after school in the DEHS nurses office.
• 2019 physical forms can be found on the Downingtown East website, under “Athletics, announcements, Link to CIPPE form OR go to bottom of Athletics page, forms & information, physical forms” (CIPPE form, 8 pages total); must be signed by parent AND physician.
• Cost of full physical is $25. Cash is preferred; Checks payable to: Dr. Francis Brennan
• The CIPPE physical form can be completed by your own physician and dated AFTER JUNE 1st (Must use CIPPE form)
• YOU MUST HAVE A COMPLETED PHYSICAL FORM TO TRY OUT – NO EXCEPTIONS
• August 12th, 13th, and 14th FROM 9 – 11am AND 4 – 6pm
• You must be present for ALL tryouts to be considered for a position on the team. However, there will be cuts throughout the 6 sessions.
COMMITMENT/EXPECTATIONS for all team members – COMMITMENT MEANS SACRIFICE!
• Attend all practices/matches (Labor Day is NOT a free weekend for out team). See attached practice/match schedule
• All team members must pay $100 activity fee to DASD in order to play (www.payforit)
• Check the Website often: www.downingtowneastvolleyball.com
• Have a positive attitude and give 100% effort!
ATHLETE’S CODE OF CONDUCT:
• The athlete’s code of conduct (found on the DEVB website under “NEWS”) must be read and adhered to by each student-athlete
• We recommend that you attend a camp this summer… some local camps available:
o West Chester University (www.wcugoldenrams.com)
o Villanova University (google “Villanova volleyball camps)
o Google.com and search volleyball camps for more camp opportunities
SUMMER PLAYING OPPORTUNITIES: 7-9pm in the Boyer Gym at Downingtown East
• Open Gyms will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays in July on the following dates:
o 7/9, 7/11, 7/16, 7/18, 7/23, 7/25, 7/30
o Make every effort to be at the open gyms. If you are in town we want to see you at the Open Gyms!
o You do NOT need a completed CIPPE physical form to play at the open gyms
o I will collect completed CIPPE physical form at the Open Gyms
• Doubles/Triples/Quads are a GREAT way to improve your game and its FUN!!!!
o Check out these websites for small sided game opportunities this summer!
• www.pottstownrumble.com (register ASAP Fills up FAST!!!)
• www.krva.org (Click “Juniors”; CLICK “outdoor”)
SUMMER WORKOUT PROGRAM:
• Attached is the summer workout program. It is an 8 week 6 days/week program beginning on June 17th and ending on August 11th. Every Sunday is a day of rest.
• The program gradually increases in intensity every 2 weeks
• You will be expected to perform all of the exercises in the program at the tryouts.
• There are NO acceptable excuses for being out of shape! WORK HARD!
• Equipment needed:
o Good pair of running shoes
o Jump rope (beaded or licorice)
o Good attitude/work ethic!
The coaches look forward to seeing you at the open gyms in June and July and at the tryouts on August 12th! Please contact us with any questions.
CLICK HERE For PDF of this information